Sunday 13 August 2023

We made it onto the Nene ....

In fact this is the fourth night of our trip, and we are moored on the Friends of the River Nene mooring at Ditchford.

No pictures.

My old camera finally gave up the ghost, so we bought a new one - a Canon Ixus 285.  It seems to take pictures ok but I have signally failed to get them onto the computer - it didn't come with a cable, which you have to buy separately (there wasn't time before we came away).  There is supposed to be software to transfer photos using wi-fi but it wouldn't download from the Canon site and the reviews of it are appalling as well.  My laptop doesn't have an SD card reader, and the USB multi-function card reader we have isn't working properly.

So unless I can get a cable  in Peterborough, or get the transfer via smartphone working (the user manual is horrendously difficult to follow), the blog for this trip will have to wait till we get home.  If I'd found all this out before we left the marina of course, I'd have used my phone instead.

Apart from that, everything is peachy!

Oh, except for the disappointing response I got from our MP regarding CRT funding.  Basically he just parrots the government line in a rather condescending way.  Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment